Annual General Meeting
We had a great member turnout to the AGM. Outgoing President Jane Smallfield presented the financials and amendments to the NZSA constitution were ratified.
Roger Ford, COO of the Testing Consultancy has joined the Executive. Roger has 30+ years in the software industry including ten with giants like Oracle and Microsoft, and has served as judge, mentor and guest presenter for Spark, the Microsoft Imagine Cup and the BNZ Virgin Challenge. We are excited to welcome another great leader onto our hard working Executive team.
We also gave a big salute to the people who are stepping down – thanks for your valuable contribution Terry Paddy, Paul Norrie and Anchali Anandanayagam!
The group subsequently elected the NZSA’s next president, Gavin Lennox. Gavin is honoured to take up the challenge and also acknowledged the outstanding contribution Jane has made to the organisation during her tenure.
NZSA Networking Events
2013 has been a fantastic year for the NZSA, hearing from speakers like Vikram Kumar of Mega, Mitch Olson of SmallWorlds fame, Serko’s Darrin Grafton, and many more.
Our Christmas celebration on December 10 was a major highlight with Regan’s wine tasting challenge (who knew the Australians made such a nice tempranillo?) and lots of festive cheer. Thanks to everyone who came along and helped make it special.
(Photo courtesy of Sean Mitchell: Ann McKenzie & Jane Smallfield)
We are already filling up the event calendar for 2014, mark your diary!
- February 11: Mike Riley of Endace will talk about building a global network equipment manufacturer from NZ
- March 11: international business development expert Hal Josephson
All of our networking events include a wine tasting and a two-course dinner.
Industry News & Events
- Nominations are open now for the 2014 Hi Tech Awards.
- Conferenz is hosting the 7th Annual Business Intelligence Conference Feb 24-25 (NZSA member discount available)
- New Zealand Tech Connect – an online event to attract top global talent to New Zealand, Feb 24
See you next year at Glengarry Victoria Park. Until then, happy holidays!