Deadline for entries 5pm, Friday 20 July
Entries are now being accepted for the 2018 An Angel at My Table event, a ‘Dragons Den’ type competition open to all comers.
If you – or someone you know – is:
- an emerging or growing software, SaaS or mobile app company looking for investment
- keen to practice your pitch and negotiation skills in a fun, supportive environment
- keen to network with entrepreneurs and investors in the software, SaaS and mobile app sectors
…we’d love to hear from you. Entry is quick and easy, and there is no entry fee.
Four finalists will be chosen to pitch to our Dragons’ Den-style panel of three experienced angel investors at the NZSA dinner on Tuesday 14 August. Finalists will be provided with a personal pitching coach to help them prepare for the big night.
For our finalists we’ll be looking for businesses:
- with an idea, working concept or product in the software, SaaS or mobile app space
- with five or less employees
- looking to scale rapidly and establish themselves as a long-term, sustainable businesses
- with strong potential for commercial success
- looking for investment, with a plan for why investment is needed.
How to enter:
- Prepare no more than two pages highlighting your idea and why you should be one of our finalists, and attach your punchiest pitch deck
- Send applications to Pip.Gilbert@eroad.com with the subject NZSA Angel at My Table Entry: Company Name
- Closing date for entries: 5pm, Friday 20 July
Finalists notified: Wednesday 25 July 2018
Dates for mentoring, pitch practice and deadline for presentation slides to be agreed with your mentor.
Event details: An Angel at My Table, Tuesday 14 August 2018 (5.30pm start) at Glengarry’s Wine Room, cnr Wellesley and Sale Streets, Auckland. Includes a wine tasting hosted by Glengarry’s and dinner for the presenter plus a support person. Five minute pitch and five minutes’ angel negotiation per entrant.
Here’s the boring legal stuff
This competition is intended to be an informal, light-hearted, and enjoyable evening. We’ll keep the rules simple, and act fairly and impartially. Although prize money is available, we’re not experts running a formal competition. Enjoy yourself, join us for dinner and some wine, meet some great people and hopefully have a few laughs.