Call for Entries
Entries are now being accepted for the 2019 An Angel at My Table event, a pitching competition open to all comers.
If you – or someone you know – is:
- an emerging or growing software, SaaS or mobile app company looking for investment
- keen to practice your pitch and negotiation skills in a fun, supportive environment
- keen to network with entrepreneurs and investors in the software, SaaS and mobile app sectors
…we’d love to hear from you. Entry is quick and easy, and there is no entry fee.
3-4 finalists will be chosen to pitch to our panel of three experienced angel investors at the NZSA dinner on Tuesday 13 August.
For our finalists we’ll be looking for businesses:
- with an idea, working concept or product in the software, SaaS or mobile app space
- with five or less employees
- looking to scale rapidly and establish themselves as a long-term, sustainable businesses
- with strong potential for commercial success
- looking for investment, with a plan for why investment is needed.
How to enter:
- Prepare no more than one page highlighting your idea and why you should be one of our finalists, and attach your punchiest pitch deck.
- Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘NZSA Angel at My Table Entry: Company Name’
- Closing date for entries: 5pm, Wednesday 31 July
Finalists notified: Monday 5 August
Event details: An Angel at My Table, Tuesday 13 August 2018 (5.30pm start) at Glengarry’s Wine Room, cnr Wellesley and Sale Streets, Auckland. Includes a wine tasting hosted by Glengarry’s and complimentary dinner ticket for the presenter. Each pitch must be no more than five minutes followed by five minutes’ QnA with the angel panel.
Here’s the boring legal stuff
This competition is intended to be an informal, light-hearted, and enjoyable evening. We’ll keep the rules simple, and act fairly and impartially. Whilst there may be a small prize for the winner, we’re not experts running a formal competition. Enjoy yourself, join us for dinner and some wine, meet some great people and hopefully have a few laughs.