- This event has passed.
An Angel at My Table: Call for Entries
July 17, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Call for Entries
- An emerging or growing software, SaaS or mobile app company
- Looking for investment?
- Keen to practice your pitch and negotiation skills in a fun, supportive environment?
- Keen to network with entrepreneurs and investors in the software, SaaS and mobile app sectors?
The New Zealand Software Association (NZSA) is calling for entries for its annual An Angel at My Table competition. There’s a prize pool of $1,500 to be awarded.
Four finalists will be chosen to pitch to our Dragons’ Den-style panel of three experienced angel investors at the NZSA’s networking dinner in Auckland on the evening of Tuesday 8 August:
- Rudi Bublitz (Flying Kiwi Angels)
- Debra Hall (Ice Angels)
- Heath Milligan (Flying Kiwi Angels)
Finalists get the opportunity to negotiate their investment terms with our angels in this mock Dragons’ Den event.
Although our angels will not be investing on the night, they are looking for investments, and there will also be an audience of experienced tech entrepreneurs and investors, so who knows what other opportunities may open up.
Finalists will all receive mentoring from a member of the NSZA executive committee in the lead-up to the event.
Now to answer your burning questions.
What are we looking for?
For our four finalists we’ll be looking for businesses:
- with an idea, working concept or product in the software, SaaS or mobile app space
- with five or less employees
- looking to scale rapidly and establish themselves as a long-term, sustainable businesses with potential to commercially succeed
- looking for investment, with a plan for why investment is needed.
How to enter?
- Closing date for entries: 5pm, Monday 17 July 2017
- Applications to be emailed to Averill.Dickson@SimmondsStewart.com
Please submit a short pitch proposal. We’d prefer less than three pages.
- Finalists notified: Monday 24 July 2017
Dates for mentoring, pitch practice and deadline for presentation slides to be agreed with your mentor.
- Event details: An Angel at My Table, Tuesday 8 August 2016 (5.30pm start) at Glengarry’s Wine Room, cnr Wellesley and Sale Streets, Auckland. Includes a wine tasting hosted by Glengarry’s and dinner for the presenter plus a support person. Five minute pitch and five minutes’ angel negotiation per entrant.
Where’s the boring legal stuff?
This competition is intended to be an informal, light-hearted, and enjoyable evening. We’ll keep the rules simple, and act fairly and impartially. Although prize money is available, we’re not experts running a formal competition. Enjoy yourself, join us for dinner and some wine, meet some great people and hopefully have a few laughs.